Ava loved the hippos, they were swimming around and making lots of noise. I don't think I've ever heard a hippo make any noise and it sounded like a really loud Harley starting up, kind of weird.
She was so cute that day and was actually smiling for pictures (it doesn't happen often) so we couldn't resist taking them until she was tired of it.
Cooling down with a little slushy.
Every time we've been this cute little monkey looks so sad. Some guy was taking a picture right next to the glass with his flash on and each time he would snap it the monkey would hit the glass with his hand.
They have a little bird house where you can buy a stick with bird seed on it. We just wanted to check out the birds but as we were walking in, a family was leaving and gave us their seed stick. The second Jared walked in with the stick the birds swarmed him. Ava obviously thought it was a little too close for comfort.
Ok, I'm not a photographer, in any way, so this picture doesn't do it justice, I could never get a good one. But the brown bears were probably the best part of the zoo. They have a little area of water with fish, and these two bears were walking around on their hind legs swatting at the fish. We could have watched them for hours, they were so entertaining.
On our way back across 520 bridge we got a great shot of Mt. Rainier. It's amazing that this volcano is 110 miles away but you can see it this clear from where we are.
3 comments:
Ok, those zoo pictures of you guys and Ava are so cute!! (P.S. I never noticed that you and Jared don't have blue eyes... how did Ava end up with them!?!?!) At what age do kids start caring about the zoo? I took Cam at 10 months, and she didn't care... haven't gone back- but I bet she'd like it more now that she knows some animals.. hmm..
So cute! I miss you guys!
Hey my long lost friend. How are you liking Seattle. Here I am on your blog again looking at your cute little family. Ava just gets cuter and cuter. She keeps it up it could get scary in her teenage years. Hope all is well. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment