My mother-in-law wanted to take all the kids on vacation and everyone decided on Seattle. Seattle? What is in Seattle to see? Isn't it just cloudy and rainy all the time? This is exactly what I was thinking when I was told. The only thing I knew about Seattle was what I have gathered from Greys Anatomy, and most of that takes place in Seattle Grace Hospital, and what I read in the Twilight books, which is probably a bit of a stretch from reality. Anyhoo, I was just not really excited to go. But....once I got there I absolutely loved it and could move there ASAP! It was nothing but sunshine the whole time we were there, (which I know is not normal) and the weather was a perfect 82 degrees. It was so beautiful and green I couldn't believe it. We stayed right down town and it was so much fun. Downtown Seattle is like a cleaner, nicer, less crowded and busy NYC. It had really fun shops like NYC without the massive crowds, and yucky smell. Then if you drove 20 minutes outside of Seattle, it was the most gorgeous green country I have ever seen. We went on a nice (really really long) ride to a little town up in the mountains called Leavenworth. It is a little German town with lots of fun shops and sites to see. We also went to the top of the Space Needle, did some shopping and spent a lot of time down at Pikes Market. It was like a farmers market with the best fruits and vegetables I've ever had. It was definitely a fun vacation, and somewhere I would love to visit again. Ava did pretty good considering the fact she got NO sleep and was teething. Vacationing is just not as easy as it was when we were single : )
******WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD******
On our way to Leavenworth.
She loves lemons and dill pickles!
Family picture
Mt. Rainier-they say there is only like 90 days out of the year that it is visible through all the rain and clouds.
Ava loves popsicles!!
Again with the scrunchy face
On top of the Space Needle
She's such a ham
4 comments:
I love all the pictures!! My favorite is Ava in her car seat... SO cute!!
It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love Seattle, we went there when I was 18ish, and I felt the same way. We actually went to Port Angeles on our way to Victoria Island, so I knew what they were talking about in Twilight. Funny huh.
Love you guys,
Lisa
Hey! It sounds like you guys have had some fun adventures! Yeah sorry I couldnt stick around longer at the reunion Dan had a search & rescue derby. I wish i could've chit chated with you, next time. Thanks for your comment! Your little girl is so cute!! Glad things are going good for you!!
I love Ava's smile. It seriously is the cutest! She is adorable and getting cuter by the minute.
Post a Comment