Wednesday, July 7, 2010

June

We had lots of fun in June! We spent pretty much everyday at the pool with friends. As soon as Ava woke up from her nap we would spend the rest of the day in the pool (no pictures, bummer). She is quite the water baby and can go under water with no tears!!

Me and Ava went to the aquarium with my mom, Hailee and Lindsey. Ava loved it! She loves fish of any kind. I had never been and the penguins were pretty cute.




I'm not sure what she's doing here but my guess is saying her prayers, she thinks that's pretty cool.




Me and Ava also went up to the annual Dance Review. Hailee and Lindsey both danced and did a great job! Ava was mezmorized the whole time and her favorite part was clapping after each performance. She was so excited to clap after each one that after one performance, she had just re-situated herself and didn't have her hands free, she about had a panic attack when people started clapping and she couldn't join in on time.






Last but not least, the Ragnar. My dad and Trav (and cousins, and aunt, and uncle) all ran the Ragnar this year. I was supposed to run it but when I got so sick for 6 weeks I wimped out and found someone to replace me. When it came down to the race I was so bummed I didn't end up doing it. I'm in for next year though! My dad and Trav did awesome. Trav is a maniac when it comes to running and even ran a little extra. My dad did awesome too! He just turned 50 this year and he totally rocked his legs like it was nothing! Here are a few pictures at the finish line at the canyons.





Oh, and how could I forget the vasoline incident. Ava has begun the terrible two's and it had been a HORRIBLE day. It was our anniversary and all I wanted was a nice quiet, relaxing day. Well everything she could possibly get into and do, she did this day. She loves to go in her room and read her books, she'll do it for an hour. Well, it was the end of the day, I was completely exhausted and I thought she was doing just that. Ha ha, silly me, quiet toddlers are never up to any good. Well, Ava is no exception. This is how she came out, 10 minutes later. Yes, that's vasolin, and yes she had 3 baths, and we washed her hair 12 times, with everything I could possibly think of. Happy Anniversary to me! It's a good thing she's so dang cute!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Ha ha... my 2 year old did the same thing with ky jelly a few days ago.