All of this random rambling really comes down to, I've been humbled tonight. We heard tonight that some college friends, who were expecting a baby, had him 17 weeks early. He lived for a week, and returned home to his Heavenly Father yesterday. It breaks my heart to think of that. I can't even imagine the heartache they are going though. But how lucky to have been chosen to be parents of that perfect little guy, all he needed was a body.
I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with the opportunity to be a mother. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my kids. Listening to Ava say her prayers before she went to be tonight, is enough to make up for all the moments I wanted to pull my hair out today. And, it's ok if I sit on the couch and nurse Jack all day, they grow up so fast and you don't ever get that back. The clothes will get washed, toys put away, and the dishes will be washed, maybe not all at once, and not everyday. Being a mom is hard....but I feel like the most rewarding job out there.
It is super late (or early), I'm exhausted, but I always think about writing down my feelings in a journal and never end up doing it, and forget about it the next day, so if you are still reading this.....you're a trooper...this was just a jumble of words for my own personal journaling, so sorry if it was extra boring. I'll be back to blogging about our ridiculously exciting life soon.
3 comments:
Loved this Cam! You are a great mom, and your kids are adorable! One kid keeps me busy, two will kick my butt I am sure! But like you said at the end of the day it doesn't matter, just that you have happy healthy kids! It's a battle to know whether to put Quade down and clean or just love up on him! So far I have chose to just love up on him, probably a little too much :) Hope all is well, loved the post!
Oh honey!! How many times I have felt this way!! Really. Just try and look at the big picture. Your laundry, toy-strewn house won't matter a bit when you look back. You will remember cuddling that baby boy on the couch. Soon enough he will be all over and you won't be able to get much cuddling. I think every mom can empathize with you.
Just make sure you get out every once in a while, let Jared clean up a little when he gets home, and don't stress over the things that don't really matter.
When Ava has less and less accidents and Jack starts sleeping through the night, you will notice your life getting a little more organized...it will come.
P.S. I have had better luck potty training when they are closer to 3. It's amazing how even 5-6 months can make a difference. I realize after training Mason, that Addie was NOT ready, even at 2 1/2. Really. If she's fighting you...give her some more time. It will be easier on both of you!!
Love you Cami! I've seen your mommy skills in action and those are two lucky kids :)
Post a Comment