November came and went pretty fast. I was really bad with the camera, obviously, as these are the only 4 pictures taken the whole month. To start off the month Ava got the swine flu. She started off with a little fever one night and woke up in the middle of the night with a fever of 103....it was a long night and none of us slept a wink. She was still running a fever in the morning and was so lethargic and had the chills so bad. I have never seen anything so sad in my life. I put her in the bath (I googled fevers and it said you could put them in a luke warm bath....I'm a dumb first time mom...I don't know what to do). She started having muscle spasms, I honestly though she was having a seizure and lost it. We took her to the ER and they did a few tests to rule out UTI and a few other things and came up with swine flu. We got our Tamiflu and went home. The next two night were HORRIBLE and mostly a blur. She ran a fever of 105! Yes, that is right, we checked it like 5 more times to make sure it was right. I called the ER and her doctor and they both said this was normal and something that we just have to wait out. So for 2 nights we laid on the floor with her with a cool rag on her forehead. The whole time she was sick I don't think she cried more than twice (mostly because she didn't have the energy), but she was such a sweetheart the whole time. Any way, we survived the swine flu, it only lasted a few days and wasn't really as bad as it seemed at the time.
She was so tired she was playing one minute then the next minute she crashed on the floor.

Her 12 month doctor visit. She is still off the charts in height and fairly skinny. She also had her toe pricked, 4 shots and her blood drawn, not a good day. She is anemic so she is now on a nasty iron supplement.

We went to Jackson Hole for Thanksgiving with Jareds family. It was a long drive, really cold and a very short stay. Our dinner was pretty good though :) And these are the only 2 pictures I took, lame. We drove back Thanksgiving night so we could join the crazies on Black Friday.

1 comment:
Poor Ava! I'm so glad that is over for you guys, that would be scary even if you aren't a first time mom! She sounds like she is quite the trooper!
Post a Comment