
No pictures, just a boring ramble. I don't know what my problem is lately but I have been SO tired, like to the point of being fatigued almost! I was not ever this tired when I was pregnant (and no I am not pregnant!) On days that I do not have school I literally have to force myself out of bed at 9:00....only because Ava is crying to get out of her crib. I know....that is embarrassing! So my point in all this rambling is...when I'm not such a zombie, and I can get caught up on school, work and my house, and want to do something besides just sit and stare off into space, I will post about the last 2 months and Christmas.
In other news, we are trying to get Ava off of a bottle. I know....the kid is 13 months but we started a really bad habit early on and now we're paying for it. I always liked to nurse her at night while she went down and cuddle her while she fell asleep....I knew it would be bad but figured we could handle it. So when she stopped nursing I did the same thing with a bottle, well now she has to have a bottle to go down for her nap and also at bedtime. I've been putting it off because it seems like she's been sick for forever but I've just got to bite the bullet and do it or she's going to be in preschool, still drinking her bottle at snack time. It doesn't help that she REFUSES to drink out of a sippy cup, it has to be a normal cup or a straw. So, wish me luck! Could be a long week for us : ) I've definitely learned my lesson and will NOT be making the same mistake with my next one! Oh, and if you have any advice (and are still reading this boring post) please do share!!!
6 comments:
Aiden hated sippy cups too. I don't know if he was super attached to the bottle, but we did find a "Nubi" sippy cup that has a soft top very similar to bottles, you could start there. They're only like $1 at Wal-mart.
Sounds like you need to get out of the house for a girls night or something. Let's go, this Friday or whenever is good for you. If you need a break, you can come over to my house and we can let the girls play or I can just watch Ava while you do homework or go do something for yourself. I do only live like 10 seconds away you know and am more than willing to help. You're welcome anytime except today because I got sick from Addy. You don't want it. Yuck!
Good luck with the whole getting her to go down without the bottle. I hope you guys get some sleep. It will be worth it after she understands that she isn't going to get a bottle anymore before sleep time. Hang in there and if you need anything, let me know.
I don't know what to tell ya. You could just go cold turkey and have a sippy cup available. Maybe she will just realize that you are being tough and give in after a couple of days. I want to take Mason's bink away (which he only has at bedtime) but he freaks out and it is just easier to give it to him. AND he is going to be 2 years old in February! Oh well...some day. Good luck!
I say the best thing to do is get rid of all the bottles (like box them up and take them to storage) so there is no temptation to give in, and really bribe with a yummy drink in the sippy (diet coke maybe?? haha). If you are worried about her not getting the nutrition she was getting from the milk in the bottle, try those pediasure drinks (choc, vanilla, strawberry and i think bananna...) OR the kid I nannied had the carnation breakfast powder in his sippy... (choc flavored..) Would a sweet drink be bribery enough for Ava??? If not, I say eventually she'll get hungry/thirsty enough and give in. Poor you, let me know if we can do anything!!
Thanks for all the advice. We're just going cold turkey on this one...well starting with the naps, then we'll move onto bedtime : ) And Amy, I'm not looking forward to the bink thing either. And really it's not a pity party for me, it's more like I'm being EXTREMELY lazy and tired and just need to get my butt in gear (and possibly quit spending so much time looking at craft blogs) We really should have a girls night sometime, I'm sure we could all use one of those!
I did think of something. For Peyton's naps he had to have a bottle too. So instead of milk, I put in water and rocked him while he drank that....then eventually he realized it wasn't what he wanted so now he goes down without a bottle for naps and bedtime. Except for the bottle he has when he wakes up and before his bath, we're pretty much done. Although it's funny, since you sent me that message, he's been refusing his bottle in the morning and asking for milk from mickey! I will tackle the binkie though as soon as things settle down for us. I may just "lose" them in the move.
And as for feeling lazy...man I know what that's like. I go back to bed as soon as I can, even if it's just for 3 minutes. I think it's the depressing winter months that do it to me.
Post a Comment