Wednesday, October 28, 2009

happy birthday sweetheart!





My baby is one year old!! I know this is so cliche but this last year has just flown right by! I cannot believe how fast time goes! Ava has brought so much joy into our lives and I could not even imagine one day without her!

I remember 1 year ago tonight I was just heading to the hospital to have her. I was going to be induced and was supposed to go to the hospital at 7 that morning. I got up at 6, got ready, had all our stuff packed and was ready to go. I called and the nurse told me they were just too busy and they would call back in a little bit with a new time to come in. This continued all day long! We were literally just sitting around waiting. We went on about 10 walks, did some jumping jacks and anything I thought might put me into labor. I figured if I went into labor naturally they would have to take me. Well finally at 5:30, when a new nurse came on duty, she called and told me to just come in and they would find me a room. So we arrived at the hospital, got all checked in and started. Five and a half hours later she was here. I remember waiting just before my doctor came in to deliver her my dad said "she's probably just getting all the last minute advice from Uncle John before she comes" I'm so glad Ava got to meet John.

Here are a few things about our little Ava Lu:

*She LOVES the song "Old McDonald had a Farm". This song never fails to cheer her up and is the ONLY song that can do the job.
*She is so tall and skinny! She is so long her pants are always too short but they literally fall right off her when she stands up.
*It took her 11 months to learn how to crawl but she is now the fastest crawler I have ever seen!
*She has the cutest little gap in between her middle teeth.
*She really loves to throw Zoey's dog food into her water.
*And when she gets bored with that she loves to eat Zoey's dog food.
*She is so close to walking but cannot stop bouncing, when she's standing, long enough to take a step.
*She loves music, anytime she hears a beat she dances.
*She can play the guitar. Jared is always playing his acoustic guitar and when he is not around she will take the pick out of the strings and start strumming away.
*She loves her puppy Zoey.
*Unrolling the whole roll of toilet paper is her new favorite game.
*She loves to read books.
*She used to be a fantastic eater and over the last week she decided that eating is overrated and she only wants a bottle.
*She can say "uh-oh", "daddy", "Zo", "Ice" (she loves crushed ice), and "Hi". We're still working on "mommy" it happens once in a blue moon, and she'll randomly say "thank-you".
*She is not a napper! She wakes up at 7 and takes an hour and a half nap and is good until 8:30 at night. Some days she's good on a half hour nap.
*She calls everyone under the age of 6 "baby"

Happy Birthday baby girl! We love you!



9 comments:

The Andelins said...

Those birthday pictures are so cute!!! I love all the necklaces, and that she is eating cake... so so so cute!! (Was that part of your family picture session??) Happy Birthday Ava!!!

Christy C. said...

I can't believe your baby is one! She is so cute! You always have the most darling pics of her.

Jenny Showalter said...

Happy Birthday Ava! She's so cute!!

Megan and Jared said...

I know I already told you this but I just can't get over how cute she is! You have such a cute little family and you look so pretty!!

Jill said...

She's seriously 1 already?! Wow! I totally love the first picture of her with the balloons & cake! She's super cute!

Jon & Jen said...

The pics turned out absolutely adorable! She is such a sweet little thing. I love how she comes over and wants to visit with Addy. Hope her Birthday cake washed off her face, and her arms, and her belly!

Perry's said...

She is such a beautiful girl. My girls just love her.

Anonymous said...

She is Darling Cami!! They grow up so fast! It makes me sad how fast the time goes!

Heather and Trevor said...

WOW! She is already one!?! That is crazy! But so fun!
Hey, my blog has been messed up so I have created a new one and won't be using the old one anymore. It's
trevandheath.blogspot.com