Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random

I'm trying to use this blog as a journal, so some of these posts are probably terribly boring but that's ok they are mostly for me. I'm terrible at writing in one so I figured I could keep up on this, apparently not. Here are just a couple random pictures I had to throw in there. Also when we took Ava in to the doctor for her 4 month checkup she was doing great! She weighed 13 pounds (45%) and was 25 1/4 (90%) in. She is still really tall but she is finally putting on some weight, and it shows. She finally has those cute little fat rolls on her legs and arms, I love it! The doctor said we could start feeding her cereal whenever we feel ready to. I know this is lame but I'm kind of not wanting to start it because it seems like she won't be a little baby anymore. I am excited for what's to come and for her to start all the fun things they do around this age but I am going to miss the little baby stage. It's so bittersweet! A few things Ava loves: reading books, playing on the floor on her play mat, watching Zoey and she loves when you sing the song I am a Child of God to her. She is getting a little better with tummy time and she is SO close to rolling over. She has kept all of her hair, except for the ginormous bald spot on the back of her head, and she still has the brightest blue eyes. NO idea where they came from but we'll definitely take them!

Getting Ava bundled up to go for a walk, she loves walks!
Ava and her cousin Avery. Avery loves holding Ava, every time we see her she wants to hold the baby, and she will sit on the couch and hold her for as long as you will let her. Most little kids are good for about 9 seconds, not Avery :)

This is what happens when dad is left to babysit when I go to work. Jared dressed her in an outfit that was a newborn size. He figured since the pants were a little short, like barely past her knees, that he would just pull her socks up to cover her legs and she was good to go. From now on I'll leave an outfit out for her.

2 comments:

Amy said...

That won't be the last dressing faux pau that Jared does...Dad's are just funny. At least she matched. Cody thinks as long as they aren't totally naked they are good. No matching going on here!

Jill said...

Ha ha I think he should dress her more often, she's starting a whole new style there. It's the capri/high sock look. She's getting so big!